Monday, August 3, 2026

Over Halfway!

I am now over halfway through my course of proton radiation. I am so much looking forward to having it over! Today's session was uneventful, but I have to confess that I really don't like getting the treatment. I have to breathe through a "respiratory gating system" that involves having my nose pinched off and breathing through a snorkel-style mouthpiece while lying motionless. I hate to have things in my face that interfere with my breathing. There's a reason I never go snorkeling! But it's all in a good cause, and I only have four more treatments to go,

Here is a picture of the apparatus. When I actually get the treatment the cot rotates ninety degrees to situate me under the machine. The blue thing under the sheet at the head of the cot is a personalized head and armrest made to my specific measurements.

The proton beam apparatus

Meanwhile, the feline Proton continues to bring solace and amusement as well as danger to the houseplants.

Proton with a houseplant in his sights


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a sci-fi movie set! Too bad science will never understand why cats are so fascinated by houseplants.

    ReplyDelete