I was originally scheduled to get proton treatment every day this week, but I had to cancel Monday because I was feeling sick. The fact that I got sick after two treatments had me worrying that the protons were going to make me sicker and sicker as the treatment schedule went on—and then how would I manage to continue treatment? Maybe, I thought, it would have been better to get surgery.
Luckily, I have since been recovering, and I was able to go in yesterday for my treatment just fine. I even think I feel a shrinkage in the tumor now, since it's not hurting so much when I take a deep breath. That pain first got worse, starting on Saturday, but it is now receding as of this morning. I think it may already be better than before I started the proton treatment.
Because of missing a treatment, I now have an extra treatment tacked on at the end. So on the present schedule I'll be done next Thursday. I can't wait to have it over!
In other news, kitten Proton was a star at the vet's office this morning, where he went for his vaccination. Despite getting stuck with a needle, he charmed everyone there.
![]() |
| Proton: a winsome little star |
In yet other news, the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation has just announced that it was able to make $850,000 worth of grants this year for research and clinical trials on mesothelioma. That is almost three times as much as they were able to award last year. Some of that is thanks to readers of this blog who have given to the Foundation. Thank you all so very much! The link to give to my fundraising page is here. These are exciting days for cancer research.

I’ve been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing with the treatment. So good to know that your pain is getting better. Will you get another scan after treatment is done?
ReplyDelete