I am very pleased to be able to report that my proton beam treatment has been approved and scheduled! In fact, I'll be starting treatment the day after tomorrow.
First, though, I'll go in tomorrow for yet another scan. They want to make sure they've accounted for the tumor's recent growth in the treatment plan. Then on Tuesday I'll start the actual treatment. It will be every day for about two weeks, after which I can expect to experience quite a bit of fatigue and maybe even pneumonitis (inflammation of the lung). Hopefully any such side effects will settle down after a couple of weeks.
I was cheered enough by news of my upcoming treatment that I went ahead and got myself a radiation kitten. Last year I got myself chemo plants. This year it's a radiation kitten. His name is Proton.
![]() |
| Proton, the radiation kitten |
Some of you may know that I already have two cats. I love Artemis and Hekla dearly, but neither one of them spends time snuggling with me or sitting on my lap. I'd like a lap cat. Also, watching a kitten play will be good therapy as I recover from treatment.
I chose this kitten because he is extremely friendly and shows promise in the snuggling department.
![]() |
| Already snuggling |
Integration into Artemis and Hekla's lives is yet to happen. Proton is eager to meet them, sending friendly little meows through the closed door between them; but Artemis and Hekla are unenthusiastic. We'll take it slowly and hope for the best.


Yay! Happy to hear about your treatment from both varieties of proton!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so glad to hear it! I had been very frustrated by the previous post.
ReplyDelete